Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When I loaded ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 onto my new computer the file was 10 months old.

When I loaded ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367 onto my new computer the file was 10 months old.

My computer died. I had (or think I had) backups of my ACT files. When I loaded ACT onto my new computer, the only file it would open was my old ACT 6.0 file - the exact one I converted to ACT 11.0 back in October.

The only ACT file I see anywhere in either of my backups (Mozy and a portable hard drive backup) that is dated the day my old computer died is a pad file, not an adf file. I cannot get the pad file to open. I get an error message about there already being a file with that name and I need to choose a different name.

I really don't want to have to reenter contacts that I've put in over the past 10 months and try to recreate tasks that I've entered in that time. Is there anything I can do with that pad file, or anything else I can do to make my life easier?

And how do I make sure that my ACT file is being backed up correctly on my automatic backups. What should I be looking for?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps or attempts to help.