Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When I import a smaller database into a larger database, nothing happens

When I import a smaller database into a larger database, nothing happens

I must be doing something wrong. I have the larger database open and select import to bring the database from a small database into the open database. I am following the wizard steps. I locate the file -browse- and then I get a dialog box that has the dots moving - loading. The contact records are checked, then the wizard goes to the Contact Map and I think this is where I must do something wrong or fail to do something. I click on the arrow and it then shows 33 of 33 (which I have 33 contacts to move into the open database). If I scroll down that window the preview data shows the name, company, phone, contact, etc.filled in those fields. I click on next twice and then finish. I then get another box that has a blue bar showing preparing to import. The Overall Progress bar below never has anything in it and then after several seconds it shows finished. However, the open database that I want to put the 33 contacts from another database remain the same number of 748 contacts, which is what it was before I started.

Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? I am using ACT - Sage 2007.

Thanks,

Karen

Re: When I import a smaller database into a larger database, nothing happens

Try turning off duplicate checking - Tools > Preferences > General Tab > Duplicate Checking.