Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When I hit "Add Contact to Group" , my entire program "freezes and locks", Help! Version REal Estate Version 10.0.1.1099,

When I hit "Add Contact to Group" , my entire program "freezes and locks", Help! Version REal Estate Version 10.0.1.1099,

When I hit "Add Contact to Group", my  entire program freezes and locks.   I then have to go into Task Manger and exit program.  I have Version ACT! Real Estate Version 10.0.1.1099.  This is incredibly frustrating since I 'LIVE BY" these groups and am constantly updating and entering new contacts to various groups. Help.  Thank you. 

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: When I hit "Add Contact to Group" , my entire program "freezes and locks", Help! Version REal Estate Version 10.0.1.1099

tmike66,

There is an update available to the version you have listed regarding ACT! for Real Estate. 

You should be able to download and apply it via launch of ACT!, then invoke Help|About, ACT! Update.

Please try that in an attempt to remedy your issue.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Re: When I hit "Add Contact to Group" , my entire program "freezes and locks", Help! Version REal Estate Version 10.0.1.1099

Doesn't seem right that I have to pay $ 199 to "upgrade" Real Estate Version 11 JUST TO FIX THE PROBLEM ON ACT.  I have Windows XP - and I should not have this problem.   

I see you said "update" verses "upgrade".  Where do i find this update?  I've searched on your website and can't seem to find.

Thank you.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello tmike66,

Yes update, not upgrade.

Launch ACT!.

Go to Help|About, you should see an option that says "ActUpdate"

Clicking this should take you to the update server where the download will begin and you can apply the update.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Mathew

I installed the update and it still does the same thing Smiley Embarassed( .  No difference.  Now have Real Estate Vers. 10.0.2.191 x 52. 

Here what happens exactly:   Contacts ~ Groups/Companies ~ "Add Contact to Group".   and  - IT LOCKS.

Can't exit, can't do anything in Act!

Almost as though a window maybe did pop up (as next box after clicking "ADD....") but it's no where to be seen because as soon as I hit the
"Add Contact to Group", it flickers some as though the next window was going to come up.

Very frustrating.  My Business LIVES by These Groups!

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Test the same steps within the demo database and post back the results.  Also how many groups and companies do you have within the database?  You can also try running a reindex on the database by going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

I didn't keep Demo Database - deleted it.

I tried re-indexing database two times.  I do have 28 groups...

Still doesn't work...

I notice that only time I can add a person to a group is when I do mulptiple people to group.  In otherwords, I create a "look up", hit "lookup selected", and highlight at least TWO contacts, then right click, and hit "Add Contacts to Group", and it lets me.  But, not one contact at a time.

Should I de-install Act, and reinstall it from my disk - which is my original version?

Nickel Elite Contributor

tmike66,

Please do this.  Uninstall as you have suggessted, reboot and reinstall your ACT! software including invoking the ACTUpdate so you are as current as possible.

Next try the procedure as David pointed out on the Demo database and post your results.

The original topic of this thread was a lock / freeze behavior.  If this is no longer occurring, please mark this thread "Solved" and open a new on with the other issue you mentioned here so it doesn't get lost in this thread.

thanks

Matthew McFadden