Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Whats the difference between a meeting and an appointment?

Whats the difference between a meeting and an appointment?

My initial thought was appointments are external and meetings are internal but if that's so why is new meeting so prominent on the toolbar.  Perhpas meeting is the preferred choice.

Anyway whats the difference?

PS  Can the main toolbar be customized?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Whats the difference between a meeting and an appointment?

The Appointment activity type was added in ACT! 2011 to accommodate the Outlook calendar sync feature, since Outlook uses appointments. The Meeting activity type has always been there.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can customize the main menu and the lower toolbars for each view, but you cannot customize the main (big button) toolbar. This Knowledgebase article provides instructions on how to customize the menus and toolbars:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1428...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

Hello bbtrscott.

In my opinion, it all depends on what the definition of is is.  I personally use meeting for anything that is customer facing and appointment that is not.

I hope that helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Does this mean only appointments can be synced? 

I seem to be having some difficulty syncing calendar items after a reload of Act!.

Whether I manually or automatically try to sync meetings or appoointments, new items aren't flowing to outlook (haven't tried the other way as yet). Act! goes through the motions and says everything synced fine, however, nothing shows. Is there something I need to set in Outlook, then (Outlook 2010)?

Thanks,

Russ