Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What update do I need?

Skilled Commentator

What update do I need?

I keep getting the pop up about an update available but still, I get the you don't have administration rights for that. So I've gone to the updates page and am not sure what I need to download. I tried the latest one but said something about incompatibility. I currently have Pro 20.1.120.0

Administrator

Re: What update do I need?

You should be able to download the most recent update for Pro 20.1 from here:
https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act!-pro-v20-downloads
Skilled Commentator

I actually had tried every one of those. 2 and 3 just flashed and disappeared. I restarted the computer and tried 4 again and this time I got a notice that it was completed. 

However, now I cannot sync calendar to Outlook. Should I open another message for that? I cannot figure it out at all. I've restarted and I just get a flash of that first window that usually appears. 

Administrator

Which part is failing? When you go to Tools > Synchronise with Outlook?

You can check which update is installed by going to Help > About Act! - it should list the update number there.
Skilled Commentator

I did include the number I had originally but 2 and 3 didn't work. Four finally did after I restarted. I have update 4 now. 

Yes, when I choose Tools, Sync with Outlook, Sync Calendar. I just get a quick flash of the pop up with  the dots then it disappears in a second. I have restarted and the typical I realy need this feature to work 

Thanks 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can also get it if you start Act! by right-clicking on the Act! icon > Run As Administrator
Then Help > Act! Notifications - this will get the latest update for you.
Skilled Commentator

Thanks but I have tried that numerous times. It just does not work. I have to download from support.

Platinum Elite Contributor

What error do you get when doing that?
It should be about Admin rights ... Unless you're not an Admin in the database?
Skilled Commentator

No, I am. I don't recall. Just something like you are not Adminstrator or you don't have access.I've had this issue through multiple versions. I just gave up.Now, however I can;t get the newest update to work either after getting the last.