Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What's the difference between LATEST ACTIVITY and HISTORY?

Copper Contributor

What's the difference between LATEST ACTIVITY and HISTORY?

Hello all!

It's clear that the Latest Activity shows the last thing done and History shows a list of what's happened in the past, but they seem redundant since you can simply look at History to see ALL activities.  And why would you ever add something to History if History shows all activities automatically when you perform a task? Would someone please clarify the uses of these functions?

Thank you!

Drew

Bronze Contributor

Re: What's the difference between LATEST ACTIVITY and HISTORY?

Any number of unplanned actions and interruptions occur throughout the work day.  A prospect calls with a question, I read an article online that I decide to forward on to a client, I receive an order in the mail, a customer emails me and asks that I call to answer some questions, and I want them all logged to history and I'm certainly not going to schedule them just so I can clear them to create a history..  The Big History button is one of my favorites and one I emphasize in teaching.  

Signature
Copper Contributor

Re: What's the difference between LATEST ACTIVITY and HISTORY?

Hi Kevin:

OK... I see what you mean. I reread your reply and you're talking about the BIG History BUTTON, while I was talking about the tab. Yes, OK... that makes sense. 

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Drew