Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

What is the "Today" command???

Re: What is the "Today" command???

Thank you for all your help. Do you know the Excel =now() function? Type =now() in an Excel sheet... that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

I should be smarter than this... I thought I had it figured out
1. yesterday the today command was working it was finding everything from 8/24 and earlier
2. this morning I used that previous lookup from yesterday thinking it would NOW find everything from 8/25 and earlier... but it didn't roll over to 8/25 it still used 8/24 just like yesterday
3. It seems that the "today" value is just a substitute from having to type dates (8/25/17). So "today' won't be today tomorrow...LOL (down the rabbit hole) It's just the date it was last used on.

I have many Excel sheets that automatically input today's date using the =now() function; do you know it? It's hard to believe that act doesn't have similar function?

You've been SUPER (really... I'm very appreciative) but when I 1st posted I was concerned it was such an obviously easy question I'd be scolded as a noob. I never dreamed I'd still be looking for an answer.

Again... thank you.
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Instead of using a lookup for this, I would work with a dynamic group. Just set the criteria for it to be"Next Call" "Equals" "Today"

and that's the group of people you want to call today. Works like a charm, every day. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software

That's a GREAT idea unfortunately now I can't get ACT at accept today as a value. I get now I get this error...
The value you typed in does not match the type for the field... it took today as a value 24 hours ago??? I have no idea what I'm doing different now but it's not working.
I'm sure it's me... what am I doing wrong?
Copper Super Contributor

Are you typing "Today" into the Value field or are you using the dropdown? At least on my test system with V18 Premium I get the same error when I type it, but it works fine using the dropdown.
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR

No...I get the same error with the drop down as well.

I've also tried it as "Today" with quotes... no luck.

It has worked so I don't know what I'm doing wrong????

Copper Super Contributor

I'm out of my depth here, I'm afraid, and would usually refer you to Tech Support Smiley Wink
I just spoke with our tech guy, and about the only thing we came up with, from afar: Are you modifying an existing group / dynamic criteria? Could you try with a whole new group, and use a different date-formatted field, say, Create Date or somesuch?
Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR

I'm really grateful for your help...

This seems like a bug but the ACT data engine is so well used at this point I can't believe that's true???
As you requested I did a LU on date created and today wasn't in the drop down... when I added it I got the same error....UGH!

Seriously when I 1st posted this issue I thought I'd be labeled a NOOB... LOL
Bronze Elite Contributor

I don't believe you can just type 'Today'.  It only works when selecting it from the Dropdown.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

The dropdown was empty. What should I do?
Solution
Accepted by topic author rocketmcs
‎08-30-2017 07:33 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Which field are you in?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org