Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is the purpose of "First week of year" calendar option?

Copper Super Contributor

What is the purpose of "First week of year" calendar option?

Hi,

In Act 2013, under tools/preferences, the calendar & scheduling tab, then in Calendar Preferences, there is an option to select when the first week of the year is. 

Why would someone change this from January 1?  Does it adjust for when fiscal quarters start in reporting by any chance or does Act assume a Jan-Dec fiscal year regardless of this drop down?

Mike

Bronze Contributor

Re: What is the purpose of "First week of year" calendar option?

I can imagine end of year business transactions that may remain open to the end of the calendar week for December instead of December 31st. 

You're right, though, I would imagine almost everyone would select Jan 1st for first day of the year.

Well, as I say, that's my 2 cents worth, and I generally get change back.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

It's for the week of the year count. Some businesses count the first week of the year as the week that Jan 1 falls in while some count the first full week in January as the first week of the year.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

In a lot of country's the Calenderweek is something essential, when talking to a customer you will hear that we should meet / call again in Calendar Week 48. Unfortunately depending on the Country this differed, so to see the right calenderweek for this year in Germany (we are currently in Calenderweek 46) you might need to ajust this setting to get the right week displayed in the small month calendar that is shown on the right side of your act when you are in the calendar. This is exactly the same Problem with the first day of the week, i.e.. in German the week begins on Monday not on Sunday. and there are other country's where i.e. the week begins on Friday or Saturday,.

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040