Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is new in Act! v20 Pro?

Bronze Elite Contributor

What is new in Act! v20 Pro?

[ Edited ]

The knowledge base item Answer ID 38878 found here http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38878/kw/38878  does not differentiate what is new to Act! Pro. What exactly is new specifically to Act! Pro? 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: What is new in Act! v 20 Pro?

Administrator

Hi Graeme,

Act! Pro v20 includes:

• Fresh, new look
  • The ability to lock columns in list views
  • Opportunity workflow improvements
  • Optimised Act! emarketing workflow
  • Dozens of Usability Improvements

As Mike mentioned, any features that make use of the API are not available in Pro.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Basically, for Pro users - the only reason most will justify an upgrade is bug fixes. For example, I've found Outlook integration more stable
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: What is new in Act! v20 Pro?

[ Edited ]

Gary,

The article I refer to is headed as follows:

Pro20.png

The product details heading infers the content reference is to Pro as well as Premium but then the bulk of the article is proceeded with these words   "Act! Premium v20 delivers the features and improvements detailed below:"  

I suggest that so consumers and prospective purchasers are not misled, the items listed need to be annotated point by point, as to which features apply to which product. For instance;  "This feature only applies to Act! Premium"

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: What is new in Act! v20 Pro?

Thanks Graeme,
I'll pass along this feedback.
Copper Contributor

So, Outlook integration is "more stable" but not completely fixed?

Swiftpage releases a new version but they haven't fixed the issues that have plagued previous versions yet they continue to sell a product that doesn't fully function with Microsoft Outlook contrary to what their advertising claims which is the main reason as to why I bought the software in the first place as I'm sure did most other people!

Why on earth would we upgrade when the issues haven't been fixed in the first instance? Plus, "more stable" integration with Outlook doesn't exactly still a lot of confidence with me in the new product!
Administrator

Hi Sitt1965,

The majority of our planned Outlook improvements are scheduled to be included in Act! v20.1. I don't currently have a release date for this, but we are working on it as a priority at the moment.
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary, but what about improvements for v18 & 19?
Keep in mind that I (and I’m sure other disgruntled Act users) purchased based on advertising claims put out by Swiftpage that Act works with Outlook. This is clearly not the case and our issues with v19 needing addressing ASAP.
I’m certain that no one in the right mind will pay for an upgrade only to find out that Act STILL doesn’t play ball with MS Office!
Reading the comments by Swiftpage representatives on this forum doesn’t give me any confidence that v20 will work with Outlook either. It’s clear that you guys are choosing your words carefully as Mike Lazarus says above “Outlook is more stable”
Administrator

It may be possible to backport some of the v20.1 improvements for Outlook integration to v19 or v18 after it have been released, in a similar way that we have addressed some issues in the past, however I don't have any further info on any plans for this right now.

Act! v18 & v19 customers can find suggestions and solutions for any Outlook issues they are experiencing in our Knowledgebase, or get direct support from us via our technical support team, who are well experienced in solving these issues with some detailed troubleshooting.

The Act! subscription packages we offer, entitle customers to all updates as soon as they are released, without paying any extra. Subscribers make up the majority of our currently supported customer base. If you're not already a subscribing customer, this would be my recommendation to ensure you always have the most up to date version of Act!, and get access to our support team for any questions or help you need along the way.