Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What happens when all the Smart Tasks are complete when ST are set to Autorun?

Copper Contributor

What happens when all the Smart Tasks are complete when ST are set to Autorun?

For example, if I have 3 Steps to a Smart Task that is set on Autorun (Call, Email, To Do).

When the last Step is cleared (To Do), does it start again at the first Step (Call)? 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: What happens when all the Smart Tasks are complete when ST are set to Autorun?

Hopefully this won't sound too confusing:

When a SmartTask initiates, it becomes an independent entity.  That is to say, if your ST is scheduled to run every morning at 9am - each day's run is not dependent upon the completion of the prior day's run.  For example: Monday's run could be at step 1, Tuesday's run at step 3, and Wednesday's run at step 2.  The completion of all steps within an ST run/entity will not initiate another ST run (the schedule will control the next run).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: What happens when all the Smart Tasks are complete when ST are set to Autorun?

Thank you.

I am in the Real Estate Business; I wish to include buyers and sellers each in one of three groups, high, medium and low priority. I cannot do this in one shot but as contacts are added to my database or as the current contact’s needs change.

I would then like to create 3 separate Smart Tasks with a series of steps (for example, alternating call and email) for each of the these groups and Auto run them contingent on a high, medium, low drop down field in the Contact record.

Given that the ST steps are completed at different times for each record depending on the time the ST is triggered to run and the time the steps are completed the ST will be completed for each contact at a different time. 

Is there a way that I can automatically re-activate the same ST for each contact as it completes the cycle (all the steps)? I know that ST must complete for all contacts before they can be run again but given my needs is there a way around this or should I focus on using Activity Series.

I know that I can run ST manually but it is time consuming. I have also thought of setting it up on auto run and then manual set the small task to run when I get to the last step for that particular contact. Is this the best and only solution?

Any advice, suggestions are much appreciated.