Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What Information Is Maintained In Personal Files?

Bronze Contributor

[ Edited ]

This morning all my preferences were gone once again.  The only difference between yesterday and today is that I re-installed Acrobat XI Professional. 

I naturally thought that restoring personal files would take care of that.  It did for the dialer option, but I had to reset eMail again.  So, I really don't have a full understanding of the purpose of this file.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: What Information Is Maintained In Personal Files?

Hello John,
The personal files contain data that is not specific to a database - like your dictionary, internet links, and saved documents. You can change the location of these files from your Preferences. More information is in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1925...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Contributor

What is the definition of a document saved? Are these documents saved such as reports and document templates or do they include documents saved under the documents tab.

I did look at the link and I couldn't find a clarification. Since the file that is saved is pretty small, I would assume the document tab documents are not included.
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Documents are just any documents you choose to save in the Documents folder. So if you run a template from the Write menu and choose Save in Word, the default location will be the Documents folder in ACT!. I guess it's supposed to be your own personal ACT! library - you can put anything you want in there. And, no the items under the Documents tab are stored in the Attachments folder since they are linked to your database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.