Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What ACT Needs

Copper Contributor

What ACT Needs

[ Edited ]
I've been a longtime user of ACT and decided to post a What Act Needs on my blog. All are welcome to read and comment: www.webvantix.com/blog Message Edited by jpehrler on 03-23-2008 06:23 PM

Message Edited by jpehrler on 03-23-2008 06:36 PM
J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: What ACT Needs

I did look at your blog and I have to ask: how many of those items have you submitted as feature requests? Also the scheduling of backups and database maintenance is already in the premium version of the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
Premium version...for a simple, yet necessary tool like that come on--it was even part of Act 6.0. Re your other question...you must be kidding Act/Sage has been notorious for having nothing but a tin ear over the years. My ultimate goal though this blog post was to get people to react with additional ideas, as somewhere out there, there is the promise of an Act version that really gets it right. By the way, I think "Premium" is a insult to all the people who have continued with Act over the years, including the waste that Act 2005 and 2006 were. A single user should purchase a license and have all of its capabilities--I don't want to sound like I'm on a rant, but we all know that Act could be soooo much better, why not make it just that?

Message Edited by jpehrler on 03-25-2008 12:37 AM
J. Preston Ehrler
Webvantix
www.webvantix.com
Copper Contributor

Dear J.

I do not support your post. Of course there have been major issues, and yes: the recoding of Act 2005 has caused some serious hickups for people being used to 6.0.
Having said this, you see that Sage has improved communication and support. As of version 2006 and version 2007 the 'new' Act has become a mature program. And yes, as in all other software there are bugs and there are wishes. I have experienced that Sage is willing to listen for reasonable requests.

Besides that, there is a very alive community, where people like Roy and Mike are leading the community in online support you will not easily find on a public forum.

Regarding your specific ideas for improvement: i would suggest that you open a new forum post, and that in that forum post you mention all of your ideas. Having the ideas published on your blog does not generate the amount of attention you will likely get compared to publishing a new forum item.

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
aka "The Dutch Betatester"

Kind regards,

Rene van der Velde
The Netherlands
aka 'The Dutch Betatester'