Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Weird Out/ACT! Sync Behavior

Nickel Contributor

Weird Out/ACT! Sync Behavior

Hello all,

Been reading through the forums and I must have stopped at around 10. I cannot find an answer.

At times when I sync ACT! with Outlook, if the activity is created in Outlook, the activity is sync'd over to  MY RECORD section, but is NOT migrated over to the Master Task list in ACT!.

What do i have to do to make sure that MY RECORD has the same calendar activities as the MASTER TASK LIST?

Just askin'

Thanks,

Pat

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Weird Out/ACT! Sync Behavior

What do you mean by "Master Task?"

The My Record will only have records scheduled with yourself and not with another contact
Nickel Contributor

Sorry, I meant the task list.

So shouldn't the Task list have all the tasks including my own?

If so, when I create a calendar event in outlook, it only goes to MY Record but not Task List,

Conversely, if I create the calendar event/task in the Task List (using my name in "Schedule With"), then it transfers to My Record.

So the question is, why is it that if I create a calendar event in Outlook, I cannot see it in the Task List, but I can see it in My Record Activities Tab?

Pat

If it's there in your My Record activities, it will be in the Task List ... unless you have it filtered.
Nickel Contributor

Mike,

Try this:

1) Create an activity in your record. it should show up in Task list(no filters)

2)Create a task in Task list using your contact in "Schedule With". It should show up in your record.  Sync it with Outlook. It should show up in Outlook.

3) Now create an activity in Outlook and Sync it.  For me, it only shows up in My record NOT the Task list. I have no filters in my Record.

Try it for yourself and see what it does.

Pat

Open the activity in your My Record and see how it's different.

I don't use the Outlook sync with my live database ... I've found if can cause all sorts of activity damage
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, but how can I compare the event that just came over from Outlook to MY Record to something that does not exist in Task List?  It stops at the individual record level.

Now this is really making me mad.  The reason why I asked all this is because I have a Droid Tablet and I bought a pretty decent and inexpensive app that syncs my droid with Outlook.

I tried creating an an event in Droid and it stops at the contact level.  Are you trying to tell me that I need to purchase that OUTRAGEOUSLY overpriced Companionlink [Edit: content removed per Community guidelines]?

This is beyond a travesty that we have to be steered to that company to get overcharged for this.  I will not buy anything that is outrageously overpriced like that.

I put Sage down for about 6 months swearing I would never come back.

Pat

Open the activity by double-clicking on it to see the settings.

Of course, you do realise that syncing via Outlook to another system will eventually cause duplications of activities and/or contacts... it does warn you of this when setting it up

I personally use Handheld Contact ... but they don't have an Android version till the end of the year