Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web Info tab links not working

Web Info tab links not working

[ Edited ]

The Web Info link to any contact's site does not function properly. Hung up at tab with no search to web site. The advanced tab shows the correct information, {Contact.Web Site}. Any ideas why? It stays on the previous viewed tab below, Facebook. If I click on the Web Info nothing happens. 

[Edit: edited subject line to match topic]

Re: Web Info tab links not working

I having the same problem, just stop working I have no idea why

Platinum Super Contributor

If you are both running ACT! 2010, there was an issue with the Web Links not working after updating to the Service Pack 1.  This issue is resolved with a subsequent HotFix.  For information on downloading and applying the HotFix visit this article: KB Article 25996

Greg Martin
Sage

I am using ACT 2011. Sometimes the links work fine but most of the time nothing happens. It does not matter whether I'm looking at LinkedIn, Facebook or even Google Maps, directions, etc...

I am using ACT 2011. Sometimes the links work fine but most of the time nothing happens. It does not matter whether I'm looking at LinkedIn, the contacts webiste or even Google Maps, directions, etc...-I saw this as a previous post, but i did not see an answer.  can anyone help.  thank you.

I downloaded the hotfix but I still cannot get the website link to work

No answer. I think that no one from ACT looks at these questions.

i think you are correct that noone looks at them.  thanks. 

Has anyone else found a solution to this problem?  How come no one from ACT looks at this forum?

Nickel Super Contributor

One of the reasons that a Web Info tab link will stop working is that the site has changed the input string requirements.

For example, recently the Google Maps link stopped working.  Clicking "Edit Links" on the Web Info tab, revealed that the input string was:

...//maps.google.com/maps?q={Address 1},{City},{State},{Zip},{Country}     ...i left off the https prefix So this post won't think its a URL

By doing an address lookup in Google Maps, you can see that the address now expects to be separated by a plus sign, not a comma.

So, I got the Link working again by changing the above string to:

...//maps.google.com/maps?q={Address 1}+{City}+{State}+{Zip}+{Country}

Moral of the story, when a Link stops working, go to the site in a browser, type in a search, then see how the expected string should appear.

Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤