Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web ACT!

Web ACT!

Hello! I have a problem running Web ACT! I sent the following email to the Customer Support email address :

---

We currently use Sage ACT! within our Business and have done for some time.
Act! runs perfectly from within out Head Office on our local Network but some time ago Web ACT! stopped working, or, more specifically, we could not logon to it.
When we try to connect to Web ACT! we get a logon screen but none of the username/password combinations work. They all DID work, but many weeks ago, they just stopped. All the username/password combinations are the same as those for our SAGE 50 System (which still works fine).
I have not worked for the Company for very long and apparently Web ACT! stopped working before I even started work here so I had nothing to do with the setup or installation so if there's any known issue with this or any advice you can offer I would be very appreciate!
---
I had a reply from ACT! Customer Support indicating they will not help me because I do not "have any cover on my ACT! Software.  Due to the nature of the issue you are experiencing a valid Act! Support Contract would need to be in place to offer more comprehensive support." Brilliant. Thanks for nothing
---
As a total newbie to Sage and Sage ACT! I am struggling. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?
Thanks,
Ade.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Web ACT!

hi,

it would be helpfull if you can state what Act version,

what windows version,

is it runing on a own server or a shared Server (if so what else is installed on that server)

and the exact error msg.  (a screenshot could be helpfull)

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

[ Edited ]

Hi Ingo.

Many thanks for your response.

We are running SAGE ACT! Premium (Web) 2013 Version 15.0.301.0

It is being run on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server located on site at our only Office.

The only other Software run on Server is SAGE 50 Accounts, a couple of MS-Access Databases and the Anti-Virus & Backup Software.

The IP Address that we are using to connect to ACT! is the same IP Address that we use to create a VPN from (for example) our Home to our Workplace - http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/APFW

When I key this URL in on a Browser (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/APFW) I get a logon screen showing :

Sign in to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 ""

Note the 443 port number and the unusual double speach mark a the end?!

When I key my username and password in (various different one's that I am told have always worked before) the screen re-loads with the same login screen.

Many thanks!

Ade.

The error message is very simple : when I try to log on 

Copper Elite Contributor

Ade,

as you are runing 15.0, i would recomned to consider a update to 15.1, 15.1 can be downloaded from the swiftpage website without any cost .

you may want to look at this KB that describes the update

Runing ACT for web on a Smallbusiness Server is something that we do not recomend, due to issues with updates from the SBS part. (runing ACT on a DC (domaincontroler) is also not recomended, same as runing act on a Server that is hosting Exchange)

we strongly recomend to consider to run act for web on a second server (connecting to the database) this server can be a Virtual PC located on your SBS

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040