Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want to be able to start ACT 2009 automatically when windows starts

Want to be able to start ACT 2009 automatically when windows starts

Hi People,

I was wondering if there was a way for ACT 2009 to start automatically when windows starts. What I have done so far id just coped the desktop shortcut into the users' startup folder but when ACT starts, I get the error message as described in the following post;

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=14571&query.id=4590#M14571

If you click "Dont Send" though and then open ACT again manually it opens OK eror free. Could it be that ACT is trying to open before a dependent service has started?

Is there any other way of starting ACT automatically when windows starts without getting the error message?

Best Regards

Re: Want to be able to start ACT 2009 automatically when windows starts

Any ideas folks?

Try the following steps below.

- Go to Start and select Run

- Type in msconfig and click Ok

- Select the Startup tab and uncheck ActSage.

- Restart the computer and see if you get the error.

Copper Contributor

Hi if you are unsuccessful with the suggestions below, I would try using a program that can delay the starting up of a program.

Look for a Windows Startup Manager software or alternatively look at writing a batch file that calls the Sage product after a number of seconds after loading windows.

This is fairly easy to implement, if you need more help feel free to get in touch and I will try and help where I can.

Regards

Terry

Thanks guys,

I will try these suggestions out and let you know what the outcome is. Thanks for the ideas.