Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

The change to Country list was made with regedit and saved correctly and still did not solve the problem even after reboot and opening ACT.   I am getting the feeling Act Pro and windows 10 just don't play well together.  

I did find a workaround for the problem I was having with SQL server.  Rather than restarting SQL every time I opened ACT after a reboot, I changed SQL to "Automatic (delayed startup)....in services.msc ......works great now.  

Tx for your help

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

bvanee, it should work because that is what I am using and I had the issue when I upgraded to Win8 and again when I upgraded to Win10 so don't give up. That's an annoying little feature that I think you can get to go away. You probably already know this but, the registry is pretty particular. And ACT! is looking for very specific letters, either upper case, lower case, spaces, etc. 

In the last post, it was spelled Country list, small "L" in list. that might have just been in the post but if it's in the registry, it might, just maybe, make a difference. One way to make sure that the key is correct is to use the import key that Simon created. Follow those instructions but I would give that a try. I hope that fixes it for you.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

absofreakinglutely!!!!!!!!!!!    I was renaming to "County/Country List" not just plain old "Country List".....feel'n stupid.......God bless u and have a great New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted

When I first upgraded to Windows 10, I had this problem, so I followed the procedure in this thread, and it worked perfectly.   However, after the major update a month or so again, the problem came back.    This, time, though, when I went to re-apply the fix, I found that the key is completely missing from my registry.   

Does anyone know a way to restore this key?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

This worked for me.....

http://sdrv.ms/1iODalD

good luck

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ALRIGHT!!! That is great to hear bvanee! I love it when a plan comes together, LOL. Credit goes to Simon for creating the import key and making it easy for us.

God bless and happy new year to you too!
Highlighted

Thanks!  That worked like a charm.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Super hitmeister, glad to hear another pesky pop up has been eliminated. Thanks for letting us know it worked.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Worked great!  Thank you.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I was able to get the pop-up to go away and then Windows 10 updated. The update would have sometime in early October 2016. After the update went through I started getting the pop-up area code window again. I tried to use the steps I had previously used but found to my ever present joy (note the sarcasm) that when I get to "Telephony" I no longer have original "Country/region List" or my corrected "Country List".

Has anyone else experienced this and if so have you found a work around? I mean seriously isn't bad enough that I have to remember to get rid of the "object" message at the end?

And finally, yes I know that ACT 2011 Pro is an older program and Windows 10 is new and that can create conflict, but since I cannot change what program my company uses at this time I would like to make the best of what I have.

Thank you for any and all input.