Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

Re: WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

Ok, it worked for you on Windows 10? 

No, it did not work in Windows 10.   The registry key does not exist.

Copper Contributor

It worked for me in Windows 10
Copper Contributor

Hey JoeM and HitMeister, Did you guys get it figured out? I know how frustrating it can be when it should be working and it won't. I finally upgraded to Win10. I wanted to make sure I didn't hear a bunch of nightmare stories about upgrades before I did. So, after no real nightmare stories and actually a few good stories from friends who have upgraded, I decided to risk it and I am glad I did. But, none of the people that I have talked to use ACT! so they don't understand the compounded reluctance to upgrade, LOL. Anyway, the upgrade went great but I did get the ACT! Phone Dialer Popup. I applied the fix that was provided in this thread and it is no longer a problem.

But, I did try searching for it and searches did not come up with that key. So, I wanted to see if you went directly in to RegEdit and scrolled down the file tree to get to the key. If not, and you are still having issues (you may have solved it by now) type regedit in the search field in the bottom right of the Windows 10 desktop to pull up the app. Then follow the file names down to the Country/ region List. Highlight it then click on Edit/Rename and change it to Country List.

Hope this helps if you were still having problems. Also, are you using ACT1 2011? 

Did not work. If you have the EXACT steps you took, could you please post them here? Step by step? 

I am on Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

The original fix posted here, that regedit location does NOT exist in my registry. Maybe I have missed something and am looking in the wrong place, but I also did a global search in the entire registry and the file/location etc., is not present. 

Thanks in advance

Copper Contributor

Yes, I sure can. BTW, that is the same version I have so if the key is there, the fix will work. If the key is not there, you should be able to import it to fix the problem. So, first, let's see if we can find the key.

I don't know why but, doing a search on the computer or in Windows Explorer did not come up with the key. Maybe because it's hidden or searches just don't go there, I don't know. But, here is what I did to find it.

In the search field, located at the bottom left of the desktop, next to the new start button on the new Windows 10 task bar, type in:

regedit

The RegEdit Run Command Icon should appear. Click on it to open the application.

The Registry Editor window will open that looks like Windows Explorer. You should the registry files that look something like this:

> Computer

>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

>HKEY_CURRENT_USER

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

>HKEY_USERS

>HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

Click on the   >  next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand that file tree and click on each > all the way down until you get to Country/ region list

>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

>SOFTWARE

>Microsoft

>Windows

>CurrentVersion

>Telephony

>Country/region List

Once you get down to Country/ region list, highlight it and then go up to the Edit menu and select Rename. Rename it to Country List and hit enter. 

Then restart ACT! and see what happens.

If the file does not show up in the Registry Editor, you can try to import that key by using the File/Import function of the Registry Editor with this key I found in a different thread for people that were not finding the key in Windows 8. It is the exact key we are having to change to in Windows 10 so I would think it should work if imported. But, use the steps above to find it and delete it if it doesn't work. Read that thread for more info on the import info below.

e: ACT 2012 & Windows 8: phone dialog prompt everytime I run program

Hey there!

I'm running 8.1 too, and although the issue returned, I was able to locate the "Country/region List" key and export / rename / import.

For those of you who find you do not have this key, I've uploaded a pre-edited version of the reg file that you can download from my SkyDrive here: http://sdrv.ms/1iODalD

The file is "Country Import.zip". Inside the zip is a registry file that you can import directly which will create the key ACT! looks for.

Give it a try and let me know if you see any issues. I offer no guarantees, but see no reason why this shouldn't work for anyone who is missing the key. If anything odd happens as a result of importing this file, then you should be able to fix it by simply removing the imported key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country List.

Best regards,

Simon.

It's a beautiful thing. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much for the detail, that helped a lot. Joe. 

Copper Contributor

Oh that's great to hear! So, did that help you find the registry key or did you have to import that other one? I'm just curious in case someone else can't find that registry key on a Windows 10 computer and then they will know that the previous zip file will work for them.
Copper Contributor

Dave,  

I have Windows 10 and Act Pro 2011. I have the dialer popup problem every time I open Act.  I have edited the registry per your instructions and it made no difference.  I noticed that your instructions were for windows 8, not 10. Could that be why it didn't work?  Is there a way to deal with windows 10?  Tx 

Copper Contributor

Hey bvanee, the reference to Win8 in the post above is about the registry key import that Simon created before Win10 but when I compared the registry keys for Win8 and Win10, they were the same on my computer. Also, the step by step instructions were for the steps I took after upgrading to Win 10 from Win8 so I would think that whether someone has Win8 or Win10 wouldn't make a difference for this issue.

After you have renamed the end of the key from "Country/region List" to "Country List", hit enter to save it and then shut down and reopened ACT!, what does the key say? Has it saved correctly or reverted back to "Country/region List"?