Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

Anyone know how to disable this popup I was able to do it in WIN8 but don't know where to go in WIN10.

Anyone know the directions to disabe this phone dialer popup in ACT 2011 every time you startup ACT? I was able to remove it when WIN8 came out, but WIN10 seems a bit different.

I could not find in the registry of WIN10: 

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country/region List

Copper Contributor

Re: WINDOWS 10 AND ACT 2011 PRO - PHONE DIALER POPUP

Other than the pop-up dialer, how is the compatibility with Windows 10?

So far so good. After the update I was asked to register again, after the dialer popup. But in the registration window, all my previous info was there and I just selected register and it was done. I use ACT daily and it is linked to QuickBooks 2013, all works as before, so far. Just wish I could get rid of the dialer nag screen. 

Copper Contributor

I have been using a workaround to start up Act ever since it was installed.  I use a program called Macro Express as I am very particular on how the program looks when it starts up.

Now when I start Act, Macro Express rolls over the previous day's tasks, opens four quadrants including a full month calendar view, plus the mini calendar just in the right place, the priorities are set in the task list etc. I'm sure you can also program the autodialer pop up to disappear as well.

I am having this same problem (For added functionality fill out Windows phone ...) when I open ACT 2011.

Plus, when I close the app, I get the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have already right-clicked the app on the desktop and run the "compatibility" tool. But it doesn't get rid of the problem.

Any answers to both of these issues would be most appreciated. 

Doesn't seem like this is monitored much, never seem to get a detailed response. 

Copper Contributor

The key you need to export and rename is under Telephony/Locations/Location1. Export it and then open in Notepad to rename to "Country List" (delete AreaCodeRules too) and then merge. Open regedit and rename the key and it should work. There should be a few hundred country codes in the key if you are successful.

Can you please expand upon your answer? Sorry, but I'd like to try it and I had a hard time following. A few step by step bullets would be most appreciated.

Also, you seem to be very knowledgeable, so I was wondering if you also knew the answer to my other question

"When I close the app, I get the message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I have already right-clicked the app on the desktop and run the "compatibility" tool. But it doesn't get rid of the problem."

Any thoughts on that?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks. But where do I get to that? 

Copper Contributor

Can't help with the second issue but I'll expand on my earlier answer.