Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

Re: Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

Mike, I've tried Microsoft. They say it's nothing to do with them, thay only write and sell the software. I must get on to Lenovo (I'm using a Thinkpad X61)
Platinum Elite Contributor

TomPaine wrote:
Mike, I've tried Microsoft. They say it's nothing to do with them, thay only write and sell the software.

That's funny

Mike, I wish it was funny. Mitra Chellia sahib of Bangalore assures me that since the software was already installed it is no longer anything to do with them. However, I find that this 8004...error message always refers to a missing .dll file. Since the sync centre works fine by itself and falls over when the Act to Pocket PC is installed, the fault does seem to be in the Act software. I've also found a CLSID 741 zip file as well as the Vista PPC for adding to the registry. Any more ideas?

"since the software was already installed it is no longer anything to do with them."... this is a Microsoft comment?

As I've said, I don't use the PPC link... did you try the zip file?

Mike,

Desperation now, boyo. I can't think of anything I haven't tried. I even got on to the Handheld Contact for their free trial and it appears that the their Windows Mobile 5/6 application setup 1.0.0.5.exe isn't designed for Windows Vista.

I've gone through everything these Act forums (fora?) suggest and everything that the M$ pages suggest. I begine to think that the fault is in the Act software but I also know that things were fine with XP.

Perhaps it's back to XP and bugger Vista.

Handheld Contact will work with Vista... the exe installer hasn't been updated yet, but you download the CAB files from http://www.handheldcontact.com/wm/

Another point I've just thought of. My rather aged Axim X30 is running on windows 2003 second edition. Perhaps that needs an update.

Is Act any happier with Palm? I like my old PP.

Paul

Ahhh... I don't think W2003 mobile is supported by any of the links. I'll see if I can find out.

The Palm versions since 7.0 have had issues, but I haven't tried the new ACT! for Palm 3.0 for ACT! 10.

Just checked with HHC about Windows 2003. They were working on it, but didn't have enough requests, so it was dropped.

Only Windows Mobile 5/6 and Blackberry supported by them now.