Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

Re: Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

Mike, Yes, I've run that PPC Vista again. Still no joy
Platinum Elite Contributor

Oh well, not sure what to suggest. As I said, I use Handheld Contact so I never have these issues.

If someone else here or a Moderator doesn't have another solution, maybe try Sage support or an ACC? Obviously with this only effecting some users, it's likely to be an environmental issue that would take a bit of effort to determine the cause.

No offence intended, but for me to set up a test environment to come up with something better is not something I have the time for unless I'm being paid for the work  Smiley Sad

Mike, I take no offense. It's Act (or Sage's) fault for selling a faulty product. I cannot think of anything that I've done that doesn't follow their guidelines. I'll take it up as a warranty issue.

Well, I have been a customer of ACT for a very long time and I regret to say that I am giving up and converting ALL my ACT databases over to Outlook. I have to work for a living, I don't have time to run around in circles trying to syn my contacts to Mobile Windows 6 or the people that sell the software then want to charge for technical support.
I have tried other products that say they can syn the ACT data through Outlook 2007 however they were not successful and/or just too slow. I feel link I'm trying to push cooked spaghetti, uphill!

Tom, it's not always a case of following guidelines... more often it's something in a user's environment that somehow conflicts in a way that was not tested.

Microsoft has just had a good example of this... two Vista patches they released in last week's Windows Update have been pulled becauses it caused many systems to keep rebooting without stopping. MS have no idea on the cause and their Bolgs are still requesting users to contact MS, use the CD to restore Vista to a previous state and then send in log files so they can determine the cause.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206800819

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16771/53/

dewmeister,

If Outlook works for you, you were not really using ACT!'s features as a soles tool and CRM ... it's not designed for that.

But if it's simple functions are all you need, then it might be the best solution for you

Mike, Wheels have turned very slowly. After Multiple installs and uninstalls I've now got everything going - partnership established,little wheels rotating, but behind the Green Sync Centre I find an error message:- Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (89108EE5-18DA-11DB-9617-00E08161165F) failed due to the following error: 80040154 Does this mean anything to you?

TomPaine wrote:
Mike, Wheels have turned very slowly. After Multiple installs and uninstalls I've now got everything going - partnership established,little wheels rotating, but behind the Green Sync Centre I find an error message:- Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (89108EE5-18DA-11DB-9617-00E08161165F) failed due to the following error: 80040154 Does this mean anything to you?

80040154 is a really common Windows error...  according to Google, there are quire a few Vista/PPC users with this error in ActiveSync

Here's one example (unfortunately without a solution) - https://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2652270&SiteID=65
Or did you, maybe, upgrade your system from XP?

Mike, I hadn't thought of running a search for that error. "Really common" indeed. No I haven't upgraded from XP. It's a new computer. Paul

It might woth asking MS support... maybe one of the uninstall, tweaks you did has done something weird