Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

Re: Vista and Act 2008 Link for Pocket PC

I have had the same issues. I have been able to get ACT to sync with my Verizon XV6700 1 time. I have spent countless hours on the phone with 3 different levels of tech support and finally had to give up and revert back to XP.  Yes, the reg fix gets the act for ppc to install but windows mobile hangs every time the device tries to sync. I though that after a year Sage would have fixed this issue so I reinstalled Vista last night. I installed Vista, did all updates. Then installed Office 2007 and did all updates, then installed ACT! 2008. Then finally installed Windows mobile device center and retrieved updates. I was supposed to be on an email list at the 3rd tier of tech support and be notified when this issue was resolved. That was six months ago. The only suggestion support could give me was to use the commercial version of the link software which cost $$ or go back to XP.   Another thing, When I check for ACT! updates using the toolbar icon it tells me that ACT is up to date. How can that be? There is a version 10.0.1 available for download. People, for the amount of money we spent on this software with expectations based on advertised features and the amount of time we have spent attempting to get the software working (time is money) I think its time we should start talking class action lawsuit for free tech support or a refund.  There are attorneys out there that would love to help us. If you feel the same way email me at me_schwartz@comcast.net.

Has anybody tried Companion Link? I've been harassing an Act rep, who suggested it. I'm getting jumpy and I'd like some reassurance.
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are some issues with CompanionLink if it doesn't recognise the device when you plug it it, it will duplicate all your contacts. Also, work done on the device doesn't properly link to ACT!. This is why I usually recommend Handheld Contact

Tom, to be fair... many Microsoft products still don'trun under Vista and for some, Microsoft have said they aren't able to.

MS have enough issues getting their own applications running under Vistra to help many developers do the same

Mike, I don't WANT to be fair. I want the article I bought to work as the seller pretended it would.

HOW do you get it to "kinda" work? I can't install the sync programs at all. I've updated to Act 10.1 and put in the registry change and I still get the usual error message, but a bit further into th installation. WHAT must I fiddle?

Mike, I started out with the standard error "Active Sync must be installed...". After a good cry I looked the problem up on a few web sites and found that Act had got that registry patch - PPC Vista. I installed that and the Act Windows PC link now starts installing itself, but immediately puts up the "Active sync must be installed.." again. I've tried the Media Centre re-install, and got the Act 10.1 update. Still no joy.

Tom, have you re-loaded the reg patch from the Knowledge Base after updating to 10.01?