Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Viewing emails with attachments in History Tab: Confusion with settings

Copper Contributor

Viewing emails with attachments in History Tab: Confusion with settings

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong on this. I prefer to have emails saved in the history where I can simply read it on the frame to the right instead of opening an attachment, which seems like a total waste of time.

I'm using:  ACT! version 16 with Outlook 2013 on Windows 7. I've got the preferences set for email set up as follows:

1.  Outlook is the preferred client and editor
  2. Email Record History:  Email Subject, Message, and All Attachments
  3. Email - Attach to ACT Contacts:  Email Subject and Message (Recommended)
  4. Other settings not pertinent?

Perhaps it's the verbiage or something I got stuck in my mind the wrong way but I can't figure it out.  Anway sometimes it seems that if I use the ACT! email button on the tool bar it saves the email as I prefer where I can read it without opening every single freaking email before reading it. Sometimes it seems that ACT! doesn't sync with Outlook properly and I use the quick attach and it saves it as that darn email attachment and I have to click to open it every darn time.

Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong. It's driving me nuts slowly and painfully.

Best,

Ben

Copper Contributor

Re: Saving Emails In History NOT as an attachment

I also should have added that I'm interested in saving attachments that come with my emails alongside the history that I can quickly review without opening it up first. That's why I'm trying to move away from the recommended settings.

Ben

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Viewing emails with attachments in History Tab: Confusion with settings

Hello Benkim,

The only way I know to do this is using an add-on.

I use this because when syncing with IPad and want to be able to see a bit of history and in my ACT! desktop to have a history and attachment.

Using "Outlook Integrate R1" you can do this.

It also help to workaround that unstable (at least in the past) ACT! behaviour that sometimes stops to integrate with Outlook.

I do recommend it.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE