Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Viewing activities in the contract list

Viewing activities in the contract list

I pull up the list of all my contacts when I click "look up" "all contacts"  I want to be able to see, from that list, which contacts have activities scheduled and which don't.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I am using ACT 2007 (v 9.0)

Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Viewing activities in the contract list

Not an option with the ACT! program. The list contact list view can only include information from the contact table. The activities are in a separate table.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

O YES YOU CAN!

1st  

pull up look up by example and so forth , get your contact list.. and then heres what you have to do

click on the contact single view ...

Click the activities tab

and sift through each one with the arrow button WITH the activites tab open , therefore you can go through each one to see

if they have an activity scheduled.

See if that works . i do it all the time!

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I am not sure that the previous suggestion is really what you were asking for, so here is another suggestion...

Call up the Task List view - set the filters based upon the kinds of Activities that you are interested in - you may be interested in anything scheduled for any user in the database or maybe not...   In any case, set the Task list to show just the activities you are interested in seeing contacts for.

Once your filters for Activities are just right, highlight all of the activities in the list.

Right click, and choose 'Create Lookup'.

The resulting contact list is a list of all of the contacts that have activities scheduled (either filtered or not, depending upon what you did in the task list...).

Cool, eh?

Thank you for the replies.  This is yet another reason I don't like ACT!  This is such a simple yet critical part of a CRM and they are more worried about adding whistles and bells.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

With all due respect, you're wrong. ACT! is a relational based database so that the contacts are in a different table from the activities and they have a one to many relationship. The various list views in the ACT! program a flat file views of data in a single table. Trying to do what you want would not be simple.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

If you find an easier to use CRM tool with equal flexibility and power as Act! for the same price, let me know!

Its not complicated, it just wasn't put in from the start and would hard to put in now. You basically just need a dynamic query that filters Activities by contact. Then you display that query underneath the contact in question.

Heck even MS Access can do that.