Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Viewing History in Act2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Viewing History in Act2009

I'm having an issue being able to view the history for each contact that I record a history for. I have no problems doing Ctrl-H to record history, but there is no "History" tab in which I'm able to view the history. I then go up to View -> History Tab and I get a view of the lower portion of the screen (below the tabs) that is just grey/blank. I'm using Act! 2009 for Financial Professionals. How can you add a tab in the "Design Layouts" tab (specifically the History tab)? I can print a history report  (all the data/input prints). In addition, if I switch to the "Basic Contact Layout" in the financial professionals edition, the History tab shows up. I'm miffed as to why this is occurring. Any thoughts?? I'm running Act! with Windows XP on a Mac via Parallels 5.0. Thanks for any help/assistance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmejaf30
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Viewing History in Act2009

To check/verify the tab, go to Tools>Design Layouts>Contact  When the Layout Designer appears, go to Edit>Tabs, where you will see which tabs are visible, and not.  If it's there, but still showing incorrectly, is it with the Notes tab as well, or any other?
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author cmejaf30
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

To check/verify the tab, go to Tools>Design Layouts>Contact  When the Layout Designer appears, go to Edit>Tabs, where you will see which tabs are visible, and not.  If it's there, but still showing incorrectly, is it with the Notes tab as well, or any other?
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

I have exactly the same problem and have spent hours trying to solve it.  I see my Contact report and in previous versison History, Notes etc. were along the bottom so that I could see instantly the history of a particular client.  I have looked into Tabs as suggested and they are not on the "Hidden" side.  When I telephone I am told I can't have any help unless I pay for a year's support.  I have recently upgraded to Act 2013 and have had several problems with it.  Not being able to view History is really bad.  When I go on Design Layout the History tab, notes tab etc. are all shown but when I go back it disappears.  Does anyone know how I can solve this please?

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Sheiladevries,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

The tabs not displaying is generally caused by customized monitor DPI settings.  Here is an article with instructions for resolving this issue: KB Article 14495

Greg Martin
Sage

I have been on Design Layout - Contacts - Edit - Tabs.  There are two columns.  On the left is "Hidden" and there is one tab in this column called Relationships.  All the other tabs are in the right column.

On the Design Layout I can see the tabs - Notes, History etc. etc.  just like I would like to see them on screen.  I press "save" exit by pressing red cross and what I have are my contact details but underneath where I would hope to see the Notes, History etc. tabs it is just blue screen.

It was looking fine befoe I upgraded to Act 2013.

I work with History every day and so it's important I'm able to view it under Contacts.

Thank you for your help.

Platinum Super Contributor

If you have performed the steps on the article (reset DPI, deleted preferences, etc...), you may be able to view the tabs at the bottom by hovering the mouse near the bottom of the screen to get the up/down arrow point. Left-click and hold, then pull the tabs into view.
Greg Martin
Sage