Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Viewing/Adding Group Member

Viewing/Adding Group Member

How do I:

1) Add a new member to an existing group without first creating the new contact and then adding the group designation. In my previous version of ACT! I could select a group, which would automatically give me a look-up of that group, then, from within that group, simply add a new contact - the group designation would be automatic.

2) Get a look-up of a particular group.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Viewing/Adding Group Member

1. Group membership changed dramatically starting with ACT! 2005 when dynamic group membership became possible and automatic additions to the static group membership is no longer available.

2. Go to the Group screen, right click on the group name and select create lookup. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks! So what's "dynamic group membership"? I realize there's always a learning curve when you upgrade software, especially when you skip as many versions as I did. I would so love to get my old ACT back. The only reason I did the upgrade is because I moved to a new computer and couldn't find my ACT program disk.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Basically for dynamic group membership you attach a query to the group and each time you access the group it runs the query so you have the current group membership. You can have both static and dynamic members in the same group. For example if you wanted all the contacts in a specified city in a group you could attach a query that would look for all the contacts in that city. The queries can be simple or very complex.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129