Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View only access at the contact level

View only access at the contact level

I know ACT has a public and private setting for contacts – I need something in the middle.  I would like to be able to select a contact, and make it “view only” for certain database users.  They can see it in contacts, calendar etc., but they cannot make any modifications to it.  Does this exist?

Silver Contributor

Re: View only access at the contact level

The ACT premium product has limited access security for Contacts, Opportunities, Groups and Companies. You can assign access to an individual or team with .this feature.  Premium also has field level security to make individual fields locked, read only or full access based on individual role or team role.

More information is here

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

I have the premium version, but you are talking about the feature that makes private or limited contacts invisible to other users.  That is not what I want.  I want other users to see these contacts and activities, but not  be able to modify them.  does that exist?

Silver Contributor

No, only to the extent of changing field access types. For example a field called salary can be viewable by managers, changable by human resources and not readable by staff.

Notes, Histories, Activities are either public or private.  If a user has access to a contact, all visable activities, notes, histories are changeable by all user

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider