Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View contacts from multiple companies at once

View contacts from multiple companies at once

I have a list of companies and I need to view all contacts associated with them - basically create a lookup of contacts from all the companies. I know I can see all the contacts for one company at a time...is there a way to pull from all the companies at once?

Re: View contacts from multiple companies at once

Hello? Can someone help me out?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello kirstin,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, there is not a quick and easy way to do this in ACT!. However, this inexpensive third party add-on should be able to do this for you: http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/lookupcontacts.asp

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

MDO

Kirstin, create a group.

do a search on each company and highlight them in list view.

right mouse click and choose add to group.

do this for all the companies you want included.

That is the only way I can think you can do it.

Nickel Elite Contributor

You can also consider searching/lookup on the "ID Status" field. If you already have a unique identifier using the ID Status field, you may not need to make each Company contact a member of a group?  ex: If your COMPANY contacts all have a ID Status of Customer or Prospect, you can look them up that way. Else you may need to Group your Company contacts?  Another way to Group folks is to create a Group "FIELD" and apply it to your Layout...Cheers - FSB

Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html

Thank you everyone for your help. I tried the suggestions and the add-on is going to be the best for what I need to do.

Thanks again!

MDO

One last thought:

Use a company field that is linked to the contact field and search on that field. When you add a company to your list, you flag that field and it will flow through to the contacts. The group criteria screen will pick it up.

sorry for the additional suggestions. I just think it is a joke that users have to continually buy add-ons AND that sage employee moderators won't think outside the box to help customers.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello MDO,
Thank you for your feedback to this thread. However, I think you need to read the Moderator posts in this forum more carefully. Regarding the original posters issue, I am well aware of all methods to perform the task she described - the $29 add-on however is the easiest and most direct method.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.