Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View appointment details in Monthly view?

View appointment details in Monthly view?

When I schedule appointments and leave "Schedule With" blank, Monthly view shows whatever is in the "Regarding:" field.  If I schedule them with Contacts, they show the Contact name.  Since I schedule my appointments within the Contact I'm meeting with and then add My Record, all I see is my name.  Let's say my name is John Doe.  With "Schedule With" blank, I can glance at my calendar and see appointment descriptions like 'Lunch with Bill at the Diner" or "Board Meeting".  If I schedule with the Contact and add My Record, all my appointments are described as "+John Doe".  If I print out the calendar, it looks like I have the same appointment 20 times.

ACT! Support says this can't be changed.  Does anybody else have trouble with this?  Is there a workaround?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: View appointment details in Monthly view?

Not sure why you are adding yourself to the activity.  When you schedule an activity, it lists you as "scheduled for".  There is no reason to add yourself to the list of attendees, for example.  So you schedule a meeting with John Doe.  Done.  Then when you look at the task list, the scheduled WITH is John Doe.  If you did need to see who the activity was scheduled FOR, you could right-click on the task bar and select customize, then add the header "scheduled for" and it would show your name.  I hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: View appointment details in Monthly view?

Thanks for replying, Brenda.  I add myself because it enables me to track my daily activities and history in My Record.  Even if I stop doing it, I would rather see an activity's description ("Board Meeting") than the name of one of the attendees with a "+" next to their name.  Is there a workaround that would allow me to see an activity's description rather than the Contacts it's scheduled with?