Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View Lockup when adding Groups to Contacts or Activities

View Lockup when adding Groups to Contacts or Activities

What is the status of the lockup / non-responsive issue when adding Groups to Contacts or Activities?  I've seen this mentioned on several posts, but haven't seen a solution yet.  Is there a fix?

I use ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.  I run Windows Vista.

When I try to add a Group to a Contact or Activity, the program becomes unresponsive.  It looks like it's waiting for a response, but I don't see any dialog box.  My only option is to close the program in Windows Task Manager.  This happens on my database, and on the sample database.

Thank you. 

Highlighted

Re: View Lockup when adding Groups to Contacts or Activities

[ Edited ]
Same issue with my system.  ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3.  Win7 Pro.  I have tried to place the new contact in a group when creating a new contact and have tried creating a new contact with no group, then opening it up again to move it to a group.  Same issues regardless of when the contact gets moved to a group.  The program freezes, locks up, or stops.  I went to download updates and there is one to download.  I am not sure if it will fix the issue and I am cautious of not muddying up the waters with an updated version.
Message Edited by Escondio on 03-20-2010 08:12 PM

Re: View Lockup when adding Groups to Contacts or Activities

I'm running windows 7 64bit act 2010 and when i try to add a contact to a group and it locks up.  I'm a single user running it only on my laptop.  I've found nothing on the web or Sage's support knowledge base to solve this.

Help!