Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View Groups/Companies

View Groups/Companies

I recently upgraded from 2009 to 2012 and am exasperated by the interface.  I'm really regretting the upgrade.  One of the key things is no "View Groups/Companies" button on the contact screen, which I constantly use to bring up a contact list for various groups.  As best I can tell there is no other equivalent functionality.  I did find an article here about someone complaining it was missing from 2010 and was on the feature request list, and now two versions later.....  Am I missing something?

Also, the Customize Menus & Toolbars doesn't seem to actually let you change anything.  Is there some trick here?  There shouldn't be for such a simple thing.

Re: View Groups/Companies

I did discover a workaround to get me to the same place indirectly. Go to Groups, open any contact, and from that contact's screen go to List View, which shows the desired view of just that group's contacts. Grrr.
Silver Super Contributor

I don't remember the issue you are talking about.  I think the button might have been a little differently labeled before but I'm using ACT! 2013 right at the moment and it has Show Dynamic Membership and Add/Remove Groups buttons on the Groups/Companies tab that essentially do the same thing.  Maybe someone using ACT! 2012 can chime in.

As far as customizing the toolbar basically you just drag and drop to make changes once you are in the customze screen.

I am curious to know why you upgraded to ACT! 2012 when ACT! 2013 is out though.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I'm not seeing that in 2012. The reason I only went to 2012 is because I had no reason to upgrade at all except to add users, so rather than try to find additional 2009 copies I bit the bullet and upgraded, and I got 2012 for significantly less than 2013. The new features listed in 2013 were of no importance to me.
Silver Super Contributor

You can also right click on a group in the list view and select create lookup.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!