Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Version 21 Navbar and View Toolbar

Version 21 Navbar and View Toolbar

I recently upgraded to Pro version 21.0.295.0 Update 5.  I have two questions regarding this upgrade (I was previously using version 18).

1. After removing some of the buttons on the bottom of the Navbar by way of either the ‘Navbar Options’ or ‘Add or Remove Buttons’ features, the customization won’t stick.  After re-starting Act!, the full complement of buttons returns.  Is this a known bug or is there a way I can have less than the 13 default buttons in the Navbar and have the change be permanent?  I had no problem with this in version 18 and prior versions.

1. The background color of the view toolbar is now a darker shade of blue in version 21.  It seems a poor choice, as the black text of the buttons on the toolbar is difficult to read.  Is there a way to change the background color of the view toolbar?  If not, I would like to request either a change to the hard-coded color of the toolbar back to the light gray of previous versions, or offering the user the ability to choose a different color from the default in a future update.
Employee

Re: Version 21 Navbar and View Toolbar

Hello,

#1 is a known issue

#2 There is an option for Silver: Tools > Preferences >  Colors & Fonts

2019-01-10_1259.png

2019-01-10_1257.png

Thank you,

Carl

Act! Support

Growth made easy.
CRM & Marketing Automation built for small business success.

Thanks for the reply, Carl.  Hopefully, the known issue for #1 will be fixed in a future update.

As for your solution to #2, I am already using the Silver color scheme.  As your screenshot shows, this has a significant effect on the Navbar, but has no effect on the view toolbar.  The view toolbar is the one below the Global toolbar (I'm using the vernacular used in the online help).  It has the buttons for Detail View, List View, etc. for Contact View, and switches to other buttons for other views such as calendar.  In previous versions, the background color of the view toolbar was a light gray with black text for the buttons.  I find the black text is hard to read against the new darker shade of blue for the toolbar background.  It is this background color that I would like to have the ability to change.  Short of that, I would suggest a lighter color for the hard coded toolbar background.

Russ

Carl,

Since #1 is a known issue, is it safe to assume that it is on a punch list to be fixed in a future update?

I'd really like a solution to #2, and as I mentioned in my original reply, I'm already using the Silver color option.  But that has no effect on the background color of the view toolbar.  I don't know whose idea it was to choose a somewhat dark blue background with black text, but it was a poor choice for readability.  If there is no way to currently alter that color choice, would you please drop into the suggestion box for the developers to offer that choice in a future update, or just simply hard code the background color of the view toolbar to silver, like it was in prior versions?

Russ

Re: Version 21 Navbar and View Toolbar - custom commands

Since I can't seem to post anything new, I thought this was as close to my problem as I could find.  I'm on Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 5 

I have customized the F10 button to bring up the create a note command.  It will not save.  It seems every day or two I have to go in and re-assign that button to create the note.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Version 21 Navbar and View Toolbar - custom commands

I understand the navbar problem was a targeted fix for SP1 due soon but will not know if this included until release or date for SP1 yet.