Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Version 11.0

Version 11.0

Has anyone had an opportunity to use the latest Act version (11.0) announced today? If so, are you using it in an XP or Vista environment? Have you tried it with an Office Suite (which version)? I am searching for a contact management program to use in business brokerage and have been reluctant to upgrade an older version that I own (version 6.0) due to many disappointments expressed within the forum from users of later versions. Thanks.
Nickel Contributor

Re: Version 11.0

I was a beta participant so ive been using version 11 for a few weeks now. Im using it with outlook 2007 and office 2007. Ive been very happy with it so far.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Nickel Contributor

Hello!

I am also looking into getting the newest version, but was curious about its functionality.  Has there been any new items added?

act.com doesn't mention anything about it.  What's new with the newest version?

-P

I received an email from Sage today announcing the new version. It included a rather wierd link that took me to a comparison chart comparing my current Version 6.0 with other versions up to version 8.0 but no version 11. If I read the comparison chart right, the 6.0 version I currently have has far more features than the later iterations. Here is the link. See for yourself:

http://www.swiftpage3.com/Chris_Smithsage.Chris_Smith/C080812104700/1/text.pdf

Platinum Elite Contributor

All the users with the "beta" icon next to their name have been using it.

I've been using both Web and Workgroups from XP and Vista... all with Office 2007

Best version of ACT! yet

[ Edited ]

The checks represent features what you'll receive if you upgrade to ACT! 2009,  not what already exists in 6.0

View the KB below for new features.

What's New in ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-13-2008 09:19 AM

OK, now I understand. Wonder if Sage marketing dept should revise the format . . . it is counter-intuitive. Had me fooled, and I'm not THAT stupid, but maybe close!

Is there a version 11.0 for the real estate edition?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Litehart wrote:
Is there a version 11.0 for the real estate edition?

The verticle market versions get released later

> The verticle market versions get released later

> Regards,
> Mike Lazarus
> ACT! Evangelist
> GL Computing, Australia

Later? Next week, next month, in a year?? What is the best pathway to take: buy real estate version 10.0 today, and then upgrade that when the 11.0 version comes out? Does Sage allow a free upgrade if the older version is purchased and a newer version appears within a short period of time afterwards (a month or three)?