Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

*VOIP & Dialer Question* (important)

Loyal Listener

*VOIP & Dialer Question* (important)

I have a VOIP provider that I use (Aptela) and I use Bria currently for my softphone (Bria also has an additional Outlook add-in product which I can buy if needed) to make my voip phone calls. I recently added ACT! to my lineup and it is a great and amazing customizable program I love despite some of its bugs but the security over an online service I have seen along with the customization is much appreciated.

I have done some research on these boards to try to find the information myself but as of yet, I have been unable to resolve my issue. #1, I was using Excel and I would use a custom code which I would click and it would make my phone call through Bria (sip link). I know people have mentioned TAPI and I tried to download a trial version but I have no clue what Tapi is and if it would work on my ACT! and my computer? I am using Windows Vista. I want to have my VOIP to work so i can just work within the act or however way possible..

#2, I have read about a dialer system using Act!? I love the customization of everything else but is there anyway we can have ACT! call specific phone "groups" within the act system through a dialer type system when I want to call my other leads on my act program rather than just my clients that i am already dealing with.

I appreciate the help in regards to this matter; and i am usually so busy but today I am sick and have no voice so I took the day off of work so hopefully someone can guide me the right way. Thanks in advance again and thanks so much and I look forward to hopefully hearing back!!! Thanks again Smiley Happy

Loyal Listener

Re: *VOIP & Dialer Question* (important)

No input, suggestions or help regarding this matter? I know everyone is busy....but still! lol....thanks in advance again everyone..! Smiley Happy
Loyal Listener

No one responded to this yet. Is there anyone who knows how we can implement the VOIP and/or dialer? Thanks so much for all your help!

Check out VoIP Addon for ACT!.

Highlights

• Automatic screen pop of customer record based on Caller ID
  • Call history automatically embedded into each record
  • Take notes during/after each call
  • “Click to Call” Contacts directly from ACT!
  • Keep your existing phone number
  • Visual voicemail
  • 800 Numbers available
  • Your office phone can go anywhere your laptop goes
  • Long Distance and Voicemail is included

http://www.voipaddon.com/

Loyal Listener

thanks for the link! Quick question; do I have to switch my voip provider to them or can i just purchase the software? (it said something about 3rd party provider). Also, this is not the one that has to be compatible with Tapi, correct? Thanks again so much for your diligence and help!

Not sure to be honest.  I couldn't find anything on their website saying it requires TAPI or a certain service.

Try getting in contact with them - http://www.voipaddon.com/contact.htm

Copper Contributor

You should have a look at our product, Call On CRM for ACT! - http://www.CallOnCRM.com It's a much more robust solution than VoIP Addon, and supports a large number of communication carriers.  It was written from the groud up to support SIP based technology, not TAPI. I don't know if it will work with your Aptela platform off hand, I'm not familiar with this carrier, but it works with carriers like: Alteva, SimpleSignal, Telesphere, CommPartners, EvolveIP, Unity Business Networks,. ISN Telecom, Telovations, and many more...

Call On CRM offers:

• Click to Dial - Increase ACT! user productivity by offering click to dial right from your ACT! contact record.
  • Call Histories - Create call histories and follow-up activities with automatic tracking of calling activity in the customer record.
  • Screen Pops - Help your customers provide better service when inbound calls ring and automatically triggers a screen pop of ACT! customer information to their desktop PC.
  • Powerful VoIP Softswitch - Complete IP business telephone system is used as the foundation of the Call On CRM Solution.
  • Unified Voice Messaging - Powerful unified messaging included a part of the Hosted VoIP solution. Retrieve your voicemails from anywhere or have them arrive via e-mail.
  • Web-based call routing - Change the way your calls get routed with Simultaneous ring, remote office and more with this easy-to-use GUI application.
  • Integration with business applications - Seamlessly integrates with 10.0 and later version of ACT! CRM as standard.
  • Self management and reporting CRM software solution - Simplified Web based management and reporting eliminates the need for expensive 3rd party support. 
  • Multi-line support - Our advanced call handling solution allows simultaneous handling of multiple inbound and outbound calls.
  • Conferencing - One click conferencing with multiple callers, just dial and start
  • Reverse Lookup - Advanced Web 2.0 Integration with WhitePages.com and ZoomInfo.com APIs to lookup contact info by phone number, contact name or company.

Our product is also availble in Sage's Add-on Store: http://sagepss.com/Solution.aspx?SolutionID=3472&sr=q=voip

Gavin Stevens – CTO - MCPS, MCSD, MCAD, MCNPS, MCTS
gavin@calloncrm.com
CRM Integration Systems, LLC.
(480) 385-2512 office (888) 90-CRMIS toll free
Do you Call On CRM!?
http://www.CallOnCRM.com
"Seamless integration of ACT! by Sage with BroadSoft "hosted PBX" VoIP platform & Skype!"
Copper Elite Contributor

FYI, you may have noticed we recently added a link for Add-On Solutions to our Additional Resources area here on the community (look for the Additional Resources area in the right hand column under Announcements on our main page and various other pages throughout the community).

You can search on all ACT! Add-on Solutions here.

Thanks,

Tawny

Community Manager 

Hi there, and thanks for your interest in VoIP AddOn for ACT!

Yes, you will need to switch your current service provider.  It used to be real challenge, but today it is easier than you might think. 

As pioneers in developing and implementing telephone integration for ACT! our  teams have learned so much from our customers.  We would be happy to get you connected with a customer that has worked through this process.  Also, you can learn about our VoIP AddOn for ACT! on the official Sage Solution Partner Source (hyperlink directly to your product: http://www.sagepss.com/Solution.aspx?SolutionID=3239&sr=p=1). 

Let me know if you'd like to talk to a customer, and we'll get you connected right away.

Hi.. I see no new posts on Voip.

I  havent used Act! for a number of years, and am keen to start again, with a few  other businesses.

We would like to

1. Dial from within Act using our own Voip providers.. (We use Gigaset IP phones) 

2.  The Gigasets have a Phone socket in the back, so could just connect using a double socket at the back of the gigaset base, and then connect to a laptop? 

But that would probably just result  in the Act! using pstn line (expensive) instead of Voip.    So I need to know how to connect Voip to Act in the Computer.

Our Voip phones work like this.

Dovado Tiny Router has 4G Modem in it.   Lan port of Dovado Tiny router connects to Gigaset Voip Phone Base.

Result I would like:   Use laptop, headset, Voip from within Act contacts.  Click and Dial from Contact page using Voip.

As the above posts are quite old, I thought I would see if any of the Angels might know of something a little more up to date.

Maybe Bluetooth Headset to Laptop.. then how to interface with Act! ?   I prefer a proper IP phone like the Gigaset, to the softphones like Bria etc.

Cheers. .Marty from Australia