Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VCard Fields don't properly import into ACT! 2010

Copper Elite Contributor

VCard Fields don't properly import into ACT! 2010

I've started getting a number of contacts via VCard and have been trying to figure out how to get these directly into ACT!. I've now gotten my file association set so that .vcf uses ACT!

When I go to add a VCard to ACT!, I'm getting the name, company, and title, but none of the other fields in the VCard are importing. How can I set the mapping to make sure all of the fields are imported? Thanks.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: VCard Fields don't properly import into ACT! 2010

I still have an issue with this and never got a response to my initial inquiry. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Copper Contributor

I would like to know how to do this as well.
Platinum Super Contributor

Hey Maddog and Actmonts, can you be specific with the fields that are not populating/mapping?  And which version/build of Act! are you on?  While there are no options for modifying the mapping of fields, there may be other factors causing them to not populater correctly.

To see if the behavior is specific to your database, open the Demo or create a new database and test importing a Vcard. 

As a test of the VCF file, you can right click on it and select Run As > choose Outlook and see if it properly populates the fields (it won't save the contact to Outlook unless you tell it do so).

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was specific in my original post, and the Subject was re: ACT! 2010,

"I'm getting the name, company, and title, but none of the other fields"

I just tried this with the Sample database and get the same result. It populates the fields correctly in Outlook, so this is definitely an ACT! issue. Any clue as to how to fix this?

Message Edited by MadDog on 04-05-2010 01:59 PM
Copper Contributor

With my Act 2010 it populates but the last name is first and the full address does not come across at all.  In Outlook the name and the address are populated correctly. 
Nickel Elite Contributor

OK, this is a shameless plug for an AddOn I wrote, but I do have a vCard Import/Export program that does take care of *all* the fields.  More info is at my website.  Thanks...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Any other help for this? My preference would be to not to have to buy an add-in to address a problem with ACT!
Copper Contributor

Here it is July 2011 & the problem still persists.
I have same problems, No Name/Address iporting

Using 2011 PRO
Tom David Moxam

Do yourself a big favor and go to the website suggested above by rburst.  He has an add on for $5.95 that takes 60 seconds to install and then start using it.  works like  a charm. 

http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/products.htm