Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V21 Calendar Start and From Date cannot be selected

Copper Contributor

V21 Calendar Start and From Date cannot be selected

[ Edited ]

I recently updated to V21, Update 7 from V19.   

I have a problem in creating any event in the Calendar.  I try to create a Meeting, for example.  The dates shown automatically in the prompt is for Start Date and End Date is the current date.  I try to scroll to a new date and select a different Start Date.  It click the new Start Date selected, expecting that the date is now selected.  That selected date flashes up, but immediately re-sets to the current date.  

Example:  New meeting.  Start date is 2019-03-30.  I select the drop down.  I select 2019-04-10.  It either goes back to 2019-03-30 or, sometimes, (Localized_None) is shown in the field.

Only if I back space over the date, and type in the selected date will that desired date be accepted.

I deleted Preferences, but no effect.

Hope someone can help!

Copper Contributor

Re: V21 Calendar Start and From Date cannot be selected

I solved my own problem.  I cleared many old alarms in Act!.  Then, it started to work.

Hello Floor Guy,

I have the same problem as you do, I've cleared all my alarms but it still isn't working.

First time clicking the drop-down I get the same date, second time i get the (Localized_none).

Is your schedule date still working? I've been having this hassle for a long time but cannot for the life of me try to figure it out.

I have two users with the exact same issue, and it started after I had to move the ACT database from an old computer to a new computer. 

I've been able to temporally fix the issue by signing on as my user account on their computers, but it doesn't completely solve the issue. It seems to reoccur about a day later. The users don't have old alarms, but they do have some older tasks. Everyone else connected to the same database doesn't have this issue. 

That is strange,

I have automatic roll over for all my task, so if I don't finnish them at the end of the day and don't roll them over to the next it happenes automatically. So that should not be an issue in my case. We are about 8 users at my office that have Act! running and using it and every single one has the problem... Don't know if we are somehow linked by our server database and someone else has old tasks and thus impacting us all...

Silver Contributor

If you haven't tried the following do so now.

In ACT open tools and then Database Maintenance and run Check and Repair on the server database and any syncing remote databases.

Quick update here!

Apparently because I'm a Scandinavian user, which means that my date format is reversed(dd/mm/yyyy/) it does not work. I'm gonna investigate to see if I can fix it.

Silver Contributor

Yes the UK is the same date format as ours yours and we do now seem to have the same problem !

Made the changes and now it's working. Had to contact our local Act reseller to make the changes, don't know how it works for you guys.