Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V20 Pro Alarm Windows popup

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

V20 Pro Alarm Windows popup

Hey all... so, I upgraded my client to V20 Pro (non-web) and everything is working quite well... except... one user (out of 7 total) is getting multiple alarm windows cascading across his screen from time to time - when I witnessed it, there must have been close to 10 alarm windows on the screen.  Close one, and another few pop up.  If you close them quickly (using X) then you can get ahead of them and eventually clear them only for them to start popping up again - sometimes right away, sometimes a little later.  

Exiting ACT and going back in will stop this behaviour for a bit, but then it will happen again sometimes right away, sometimes a few hours later.

More of an annoyance at this point but clearly it shouldn't be happening.  Strange that only one user experiences this behaviour - all clients have similar if not identical configurations.  This user is an Administrator... the other administrator has not yet experienced this (to my knowledge).  The standard users have not experienced this.

I found one "hit" on this site referencing a glitch on the web version which seems to be causing this behaviour but no fix as of yet - not sure how it can be related given the version differences.

Help!  Thank you in advance!  Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎12-27-2017 02:23 AM
Administrator

Re: V20 Pro Alarm Windows popup

This particular issue usually comes down to an issue with the stored preferences, especially where a database has been upgraded from a previous version.

There are two potential resolutions, in most cases:

1) Reset the program preferences
2) Re-attach the database.

You'll find steps on how to do this in the article below:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30685

Any questions, let me know - hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Techke,

I don't know a solution but I can confirm that one of my clients has been having this on one of his PCs with Act! v18 for several years without any solution being provided.

He just lives with it so ... if anyone reading this knows how to resolve this it would be very helpful - please!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

dshaw111 wrote:

Hi Techke,

I don't know a solution but I can confirm that one of my clients has been having this on one of his PCs with Act! v18 for several years without any solution being provided.

He just lives with it so ... if anyone reading this knows how to resolve this it would be very helpful - please!

My client just upgraded from version 13... with a month of free support maybe I can get to the bottom of this.  There must be others experiencing this behaviour.  As for putting up with it, I don't think that's going to be an option for them... If I get anywhere, I will post onto here the fix.

Cheers!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Techkey,

I will await any feedback and thank you for your help.

David Shaw
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎12-27-2017 02:23 AM
Administrator

This particular issue usually comes down to an issue with the stored preferences, especially where a database has been upgraded from a previous version.

There are two potential resolutions, in most cases:

1) Reset the program preferences
2) Re-attach the database.

You'll find steps on how to do this in the article below:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30685

Any questions, let me know - hope this helps!
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thanks Jon.  I will try those ideas next time I'm at my client.

David Shaw
Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon... I should be able to get my hands on the database tonight EST. Then my client should have feedback for me tomorrow - hopefully it's positive!! Cheers!
Copper Contributor

Thanks so much for this solution... a few days have gone by and no reports of cascading popups! Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!
Administrator

Glad to hear it!

And a Happy New Year!