Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V18 Pro Sync function

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

V18 Pro Sync function

I've got my main ACT database on the server and and used the remote database function to send a copy to my desktop PC.  My plan is to use the sync function on my desktop to keep the main database on the server updated.  So far, the sync function only works if ACT is open and the database is open on the server.  This doesn't seem right to me.

Does the primary database have to be open for the remote database to sync with it?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirby50325
‎03-29-2016 08:31 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: V18 Pro Sync function

kirby50325 wrote:

... the sync function only works if ACT is open and the database is open on the server. ... Does the primary database have to be open for the remote database to sync with it?

Yes it does. The Pro version of Act! requires the Act! application and database to be open in order for Sync to work.

The Premium version has a sync service that runs in the background so that the application does not need to be open.

Ben.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirby50325
‎03-29-2016 08:31 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: V18 Pro Sync function

kirby50325 wrote:

... the sync function only works if ACT is open and the database is open on the server. ... Does the primary database have to be open for the remote database to sync with it?

Yes it does. The Pro version of Act! requires the Act! application and database to be open in order for Sync to work.

The Premium version has a sync service that runs in the background so that the application does not need to be open.

Ben.