Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V16 does not load

V16 does not load

I have used V16 for 1.5 years, and it just stopped loading. I see the screen that shows it is opening, loading, contacts loading - each time the green bar goes across only about 1/4 of the way, and I cannot open the program. I signed up for Customer Support and have listened to their music for more than 2 hours - and that is not exaggerating! - and do not know what to do. I need help. I have more than 3000 records in my database.

Administrator

Re: V16 does not load

Hi there,

Apologies for the queue times. Were you able to speak to a technician?

We are aware of a Windows update to the .NET framework that may be causing this. What version of .NET do you have installed?
Please see this Knowledgebase article for more info: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38261

Please let us know how you get on.

Re: V16 does not load

Thank you, Gary. After another hour, I did talk to a technician (in UK), who helped me within 30 seconds. It turned out that once I went to Task Manager, right clicked the Act icon, I selected Maximize - that brought the program right up and all my records were there. Since I am traveling and have limited data, I turned off all automatic updates, so we do not know what caused this issue. Thank you for responding.