Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V16 PRO SP3

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

V16 PRO SP3

As usual even though I've had ACT! check for updates it always says I have the latest version - I went to the website and found a couple of Service Patch releases and Hotfixes - of course there are no instructions that's very frustrating - come on Swiftpage get your ACT pun intended together.

So my version of ACT says Hotfix 2 - I can't tell if I have SP1, SP2, or SP3 - I downloaded each and tried to run it - when SP1 is extracted it says I'm already running a later version - same with SP2 - when SP3 runs it says that I have to uninstall the current version.  REALLY???

This is VERY FRUSTRATING - I did this in an earlier update and it hosed my ACT! install completely - I had to reinstall an older version -

First of all - updates should be easy and done directly from the program - if there are patch releases could you provide some instructions/procedures for installing???  My God, you're a software company - and your focus always seems to be pushing us to the next release when there are so many things already wrong and buggy. 

I just want to have the latest version of the software that I paid for - without having to uninstall and reinstall and work blind with no procedures on what needs to be done...

I get put off asking me to purchase an upgrade at a hefty price when you haven't fixed the isses in the previous version - each version should be an IMPROVEMENT - there are a lot of online businesses that can easily start taking your market share - they work, are relatively bug free - and just help you get your job done and provide access from any device - all without extra charge.

Can someone just tell me the procedure for upgrading to SP3?  Does it fix bugs and improve stability?  Or is this just a tremendous waste of time and effort that will hose my current install again???  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dgrana1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: V16 PRO SP3

You have Act! v16 Service Patch 3 Hot Fix 2 so no need to update to SP3.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

If you have SP1 or 2 etc it should say in Help | About Act! something like 14.1 or 14.2 etc. as well as which HF is installed.

HTH

David Shaw
Copper Super Contributor

My about ACT is showing 16.3.11.0, Hot Fix 2 - but I can't find any information on which Service Patches to apply and then should I apply Hot Fixes to those???  I can't seem to find any information that explains which should be applied when.  And do you have to uninstall ACT! - download the SP release - install that???  SwiftPage has made this very confusing with no info on the appropriate installation steps...

Solution
Accepted by topic author dgrana1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

You have Act! v16 Service Patch 3 Hot Fix 2 so no need to update to SP3.

David Shaw
Copper Super Contributor

Ok thanks - that helps.