Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V11databases installed in wrong (V9) ACT version

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

V11databases installed in wrong (V9) ACT version

I installed V11 and the converted databases installed into the V9 database folder.  Demo only thing in V11 database folder.  There is no V9 listed in "add remove programs".  Should I (if so-best way?)  remove everything and reinstall V11?  I've backed up the databases elsewhere.  Why weren't the V9 folders deleted upon the V11 installation?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cestmoi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: V11databases installed in wrong (V9) ACT version

You can delete the Version 11 folder if you want to you.  If you want to delete the Act11Demo database that's in there as well, you will either need to open that database and go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Delete Database or go into Act! Diagnostics, detach the database from SQL, then delete the Version 11 folder. We however usually advise that you keep the demo database on your system for testing and comparative purposes.

You can put your main database anywhere you want to, the version-specific folders are just created as a default location when you install or upgrade the software.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

It doesn't remove the folders and just converts databases where they are. If it moved them it would have to detach them from SQL which would only create more work.

Thanks for that info.  Should I delete the V11 database folder or leave everything as is?
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cestmoi
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can delete the Version 11 folder if you want to you.  If you want to delete the Act11Demo database that's in there as well, you will either need to open that database and go to Tools/Database Maintenance/Delete Database or go into Act! Diagnostics, detach the database from SQL, then delete the Version 11 folder. We however usually advise that you keep the demo database on your system for testing and comparative purposes.

You can put your main database anywhere you want to, the version-specific folders are just created as a default location when you install or upgrade the software.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.