Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V Card - Stand Alone File

V Card - Stand Alone File

Does anyone know how to create a stand alone V card (.vcf file) for an ACT! contact?  I need to attach a V card file to an Outlook message and I do not access Outlook through ACT!  I am hoping to create it and then posted to desktop and then attach it to an Outlook message.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.  Jim Bushnell

Re: V Card - Stand Alone File

Which version of ACT! are you using and do you have any email system setup in ACT!?

Hello David:  I am using ACT! 2009 version 11.1.183.0.  No, I do not have an e-mail system set up to ACT!  I tried it once before, with disastrous results, and simply use Outlook on a stand-alone basis.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.  Jim Bushnell
Nickel Elite Contributor

Jim -

I have a vCard Utility that creates and attaches to Outlook automatically.  However, part of that process is that it writes the vCard to a temp directory, *then* picks up that attachment.  So, you would have the file in the end.  It would be very simple to change the plugin to *not* perform the Outlook step, but just dump the file to your Desktop, or wherever.  Check out http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/products.htm and let me know if you want to try it...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

That is exactly what I am looking for.  I just left you a VM message - pease call me at 512-291-9400. I don't tink there is going to be any change needed but I have a quick question.  Thanks - Jim Bushnell
Nickel Elite Contributor

Just in case you didn't get my VM yet - I went ahead and added the Save vCard to File feature.  Check out http://www.rbrdatasolutions.com/products.htm for a screenshot.  Thanks for the idea...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Richard, I have Act! 2012 and it has the vcard tool built in, but do you know of a utility that creates multiple vcards from, say, a current lookup or the entire act contact file?  Thanks..........  Walt