Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using the Group Fields -- need help excluding one group from another -- need help ASAP

Using the Group Fields -- need help excluding one group from another -- need help ASAP

Hi everyone,

I work for a non-profit and have several people in our database with several group codes such as "financial donor", "furniture donor", Board of Directors, etc, etc.

I am doing a mailing and want to sent to those who only have a code of "furniture donor".  I cannot figure out how to exclude those with other codes.  Is there a simple solution to this?  Am I missing something?

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you!

Nickel Contributor

Re: Using the Group Fields -- need help excluding one group from another -- need help ASAP

If you're using ACT!2008, create an "Advanced Query", that uses the group code as the "field", and "Equals to (=)" as the operator.

In the "value" field, simply type "furniture donoar" and your lookup will find only the records listed with "furniture donar" as the exclusive "group code" value.

Hope this helps.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Re: Using the Group Fields -- need help excluding one group from another -- need help ASAP

makes perfect sense EXCEPT....the group code is not an option available in the field code on an advanced query.  Seems like it should be but it's not.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Beth

Mission of Deeds Inc

Reading, MA

Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of the ACT! program are you using, especially are you using the standard or premium version?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

We are using the standard verison of Act 2008.

When I go to the advanced query with the type being "contact", not group, there are many many options for field name but groups is not one of them.....

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

You would need to upgrade to the premium version for that capability.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hmmm...I'm not sure our organization in a position to do that.  Would anyone suggest changing our coding like this to user fields?  Would that enable me to do this?

Thanks.