Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using "Look For" function in contact list

Using "Look For" function in contact list

Attempting to use the look for function in the contact list page view and get nothing.  Does this function work?  If so how?

using ACT 2009.

I want to look for a name within the contact list that I have up without doing an additional search.  I need to have the entire list be available, but want an easy way to locate a specific record.

Have been looking for an answer for more than 1 hour on the knowledge database and could find nothing.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Using "Look For" function in contact list

Hello Alanf1515,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

The Look For function will search the column/field being sorted in the Contact List view, by default the column being sorted is Company.  You can change the selected column by clicking on the column heading, then when entering values in the Look For field it will search the appropriate column.

If you wish to search for a contact's name, you will need to click on the column heading Contact and then enter the value in Look For.

Greg Martin
Sage

That works great thanks.  Is there a way to set the default to a ceratin column?  Also - how would I have found that simple answer in the knowledge database?  I spent hours yesterday tyring to find that answer.

Alan

Platinum Super Contributor

Alan,

Glad to hear that it is working for you now! 

As for finding it in the Knowledgebase... I can't find it either.  I was able to find it within the Act! program by selecting the Help option and performing a search for 'Look for', but we will get an article written for this function.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Greg Martin
Sage