Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using opportunities for services

Copper Contributor

Using opportunities for services

I want to use opportunities the way I used to with Act6. We have different services, but none of them have a standard price as such, so what we used to do was have just quantity 1 and put the quoted price in. Is there any way to have this in 2008. It seems to only work if we put a price in for each service in the drop down. Any help would be usefull.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using opportunities for services

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.
Copper Contributor

I noticed something about a version 10.0.1.199 which is higher than mine. It would seem that you can update price and cost in that version, but when I do 'update ACT' it says I have the latest version. Mine says 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1

It's not in the automatic list because, in a sync environment, all the systems need to be updated... and it might be a problem if one user updates before a business IT person is ready to perform the update.

You can download the current patch from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm

10.0.2 is available now... unless you are using ACT! for Web
Copper Contributor

Mike I have had a look at the downloads on this page, and cannot see any that are 10.0.2. Any ideas?

gordonrobb wrote:
Mike I have had a look at the downloads on this page, and cannot see any that are 10.0.2. Any ideas?

It's down a bit under the 10.01 patches.