Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using act with direct marketing....

Copper Contributor

Using act with direct marketing....

I send out direct mail to clients.

Question

1: Can I import records into Act (via Microsoft Excel files)?

2: Say I have a 7-letter direct marketing sequence (meaning I have 7 different letters that I will send to each client); I will be adding new clients into the database over time. Can I pull up all my client records to see which letter to mail out to them? For example, 17 records should receive letter 3, 89 records should receive letter 2, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using act with direct marketing....

Hello Georgie.

1: Can I import records into Act (via Microsoft Excel files)?

Yes. You save the file in Excel as .csv file and then import it into your ACT! database. Instructions for this are KB Article 15208.

2: Say I have a 7-letter direct marketing sequence (meaning I have 7 different letters that I will send to each client); I will be adding new clients into the database over time. Can I pull up all my client records to see which letter to mail out to them? For example, 17 records should receive letter 3, 89 records should receive letter 2, etc.

You can do this with a lookup or using a Group, if you have created a field that indicates which letter they should be getting. If using ACT! 2010, then you should consider using ACT! E-Marketing, which is the integrated Swiftpage function. More information on this can be found in KB Article 25253.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.