Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using act 2009 ver. 11 to send email with windows live mail. Is it possible?

Using act 2009 ver. 11 to send email with windows live mail. Is it possible?

I have found that outlook express has been phased out by microsoft, and that windows live mail is supposedly the new replacement. I switched over to windows live mail, and now I have a working email program. However, I don't see how to send an email to several of my contacts in ACT by Sage. Help!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using act 2009 ver. 11 to send email with windows live mail. Is it possible?

Re: Using act 2009 ver. 11 to send email with windows live mail. Is it possible?

Would you possibly be able to suggest an internet mail service that might work? I understand that I need to use port 110 and port 25. I've tried hotmail and secureserver, but neither work. Would Yahoo work?

Bronze Super Contributor

Mike has an article here: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/05/using-act-internet-mail-client-with-non.html

with one way of doing this.

Honestly, it's less grief upgrading to 2012 and using GMail. IMHO.

Ben.

Platinum Elite Contributor

While that link does help for mail servers on non-standard ports ... it doesn't work if the email server uses SSL encryption (as most now do)

ACT! 2012 can send email templates or work fully with Gmail

The best option is probably to get Outlook