Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Sage Act Pro 13 - Mail Merge fails every time and shuts the application - HELP

Copper Contributor

Using Sage Act Pro 13 - Mail Merge fails every time and shuts the application - HELP

I'm calling tech support but has anyone experienced this issue?  I've been using Act for years to send out thousands of emails and now it just crashes about 500-600 emails into a mail merge.  I've rebooted the laptop.  but no help.

Copper Contributor

Re: Using Sage Act Pro 13 - Mail Merge fails every time and shuts the application - HELP

Sorry for the frantic questioning above and incomplete details.  

I recently upgraded to a new Sony quad core laptop, using Office 2010, Act Pro 2013 and Windows 8.  Looked like the problem is Windows 8...Every mail merge would crash the application about 75% through the mail merge regardless of size (the sizes ranged from 500 to 2,000).  

I deleted the temp files. Did the Act database maintenance. Rebooted the laptop.  But the problem persisted.  I decided to reinstall ACT 2013 & Office 2010 back on the recently retired (& wiped clean...) Windows 7 laptop to use for mail merges.  Since the new Win8 laptop would send the emails (just crash and need to restart the app), I decided to send out the mail merges to meet a deadline until the old laptop was usable.  OK, none of the mail merges crashed.  Not sure why but I was able to send out mail merges up to 2,000 emails and no issue whatsoever.

Anyway, I now have the Win7 laptop available for use for mail merges in case the Win8 laptop starts crashing again...bizarre...

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Using Sage Act Pro 13 - Mail Merge fails every time and shuts the application - HELP

Fritzjurg,
Thank you for the update on your issue! Issues like this are generally due to system resources. From your description it certainly appears to be a difference in the two operating systems.

While we haven't announced compatibility with Windows 8 at this time, we definitely want to hear how about issues customers are experiencing.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Today, I sent two mail merge batches of 2,000 to 2,500 emails each and no issue...

My system configuration:

Sony Vaio laptop

I7-3612QM, Quad core, 2.10 MHZ

12GB RAM

64 bit O/S

Win8

OWC Mercury Extreme 6G S, 250GB SSD drive (amazingly fast)

Sage Act Pro 2013 works like a dream in this set-up.  The only issue had been the mail merge issues which seem to have 'self-healed?'.  Brings a tear to my eyes after the first version after the Ver.6 rewrite...