Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using RBD file

Using RBD file

I want to open up an rbd file made in Act 2011, but it won't open in 2014 version.  I don't have 2011 version here..

What do I do?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Using RBD file

Why do you want to open it?  They are archive files so you can just open it with 7-Zip or something like that.  You will have to rename the adf and alf files after you do and open the alf file since it doesn't include the pad file.  They are in the backup folder.  The rest of the folders should be in a folder called "yourdatabasename-database files" and the adf and alf file should be in the same folder as "yourdatabasename-database files".  It is unlikely that you will be able to sync with your remote once you restore it but it is possible.  I've never tried that.  In the few cases where I've restored an RDB file it was because the client lost their main database and didn't have a backup.

Good luck!

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I have an old act database that for some reason the PAD file doesn't open and I thought maybe I could use the rdb file instead.  Its really just a cheating option.  When I try the PAD file it says its incompatible with Act - I would have thought the higher version would open everything...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try starting the old database using the ADF file. The PAD file is just a pointer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129