Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Palm with Act! 2010 & Windows 7

Using Palm with Act! 2010 & Windows 7

I have just upgraded to Act! 2010, installing it on a new Windows 7 computer.  I've long used a Palm to sync with Act! to have portable access to my Act! information.  My first hurdle was getting the Palm to sync at all---I had to get an USB infrared bridge.  The Palm desktop and an obsolete program immediately synced.  I went to set up Palm in Act!, and was directed to install the Palm link.  Upon starting installation, I received an error indicating that it would not work with 64 bit Windows, and the install program terminated.

Are there any workarounds?  While I know my Palm 515 is an antique, it still gets the job done for me, and I avoid heavy data charges with the smartphones.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using Palm with Act! 2010 & Windows 7

Palm OS devices are not supported under Windows 7 by Palm ... in fact, Palm have dropped Palm OS as per the Feb 11th link at the bottom of:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2008/12/sage-to-discontinue-act-for-palm-os.html

The free ACT!Link for Palm used the Palm drivers that they aren't updating for the new OS

You'll need to update to a new PDA ... maybe one that uses WiFi, and use that to avoid the data charges

Re: Using Palm with Act! 2010 & Windows 7

Thanks---not the answer I was hoping for, but the one I expected!